I just finished watching a show on the History Channel about supermarkets… and all the things they do to entice you to buy more.
Here are some things I do, and recommend that you do to keep out of trouble in the supermarket:
- Make a list before you go… and stick to it!
- Eat before you go to the store, so that you’re less likely to be seduced by the sights and aromas in the store.
- Shop the periphery (fresh foods, produce), and avoid the aisles (processed foods).
- Try not to bring kids, or shop at a store that has checkout lines that don’t feature candy.
- Buy some frozen veggies; even though I prefer fresh, fresh produce may go bad before you get to eat it.