I was fortunate enough to be able to spend 2 weeks at the Structure House weight loss program in Durham NC. They focus on behavior modification for obese people.
What did I get out of that experience?
1. I worked out every day (walking; weights), learning to use heart rate monitoring as a guide to appropriate levels of exercise.
2. I chose a daily menu of healthy foods
3. I learned to eat and enjoy low-fat, low-sugar, low-salt food (I went through withdrawal!)
4. I was taught that my 2 biggest food culprits were cheese and grapefruit juice; though I love both, I’ve given both up.
5. I learned that change and weight loss were possible.
Now, the good folks at Structure House have introduced an online weight loss program. See http://www.structurehouseonline.com/