You can support the fight against heart disease by participating in National Start! Walking Day on Wednesday, April 7. This is the day that adults nationwide can make the pledge to Start! walking and to become active and heart healthy, especially in the workplace.
Sign up to receive your free, downloadable National Start! Walking Day Tool Kit. This handy kit includes materials to easily promote National Start! Walking Day in your workplace and provides tips on how to make the day a success.
On this special day:
- Begin by inviting co-workers to wear their sneakers to work .
- Encourage employees to get in their 30 minutes of walking that day.
- Change one of your meetings to a walking meeting, and let your colleagues know why.
- Start! Shopping for something green to wear. It shows you support the Start! movement.
- Host a walk and/or rally to show your commitment to living longer, healthier lives.
- Get the word out about your walk by first registering for our free, downloadable National Start! Walking Day Tool Kit. In your confirmation e-mail you’ll have access to posters, flyers, e-mail scripts and more to easily promote National Start! Walking Day in your workplace.
- Join others across the country and be part of the solution to get America walking.