I don’t believe I am capable of eating just 1 slice of pizza.
I used to eat WAY too much pizza. It has at least 2 things in it that I’ve given up along the way to losing 125 lbs:
- Cheese, which has more fat than most red meat. Cheese consumption has exploded in the US, along with obesity, and receives government subsidies.
- Bread, which is almost always full of salt, and is starch that is very quickly metabolized to sugar. Blood sugar rises, then falls, producing more hunger 90-102 min later. Carbohydrate consumption can produce abdominal fat (the worse kind, aka “beer belly” or “soda belly”), high blood pressure, and gout.
I no longer eat pizza. Instead, I eat at lunch and dinner:
- Fish for protein, or lean meats, or beans. Without sauces. Spiced with garlic, hot sauce, ginger, basil, turmeric, etc. Protein is key to feeling satisfied. I eat a lot of canned wild salmon, sardines, and mackerel; canned fish is much less expensive!
- Brown rice or sweet potatoes. These complex starches (carbohydrates) don’t cause blood sugar to rise as fast as white rice or white potatoes.
- Lots of green veggies! 1/2 – 1 lb at lunch and dinner.