I went to the gym today to work with my trainer… the place was packed! “Resolutionaires” is what my trainer called all the new folks.
What if you’re not sure if you’re healthy enough to start exercising? The Mayo Clinic suggests the following:
Finally, the American College of Sports Medicine recommends that you see your doctor before engaging in vigorous exercise if two or more of the following apply:
- You’re a man older than age 45 or a woman older than age 55.
- You have a family history of heart disease before age 55.
- You smoke or you quit smoking in the past six months.
- You haven’t exercised for three months or more.
- You’re overweight or obese.
- You have high blood pressure or high cholesterol.
- You have impaired glucose tolerance, also called prediabetes.