However, I don’t suggest the breakfast in the picture:
- White bread goes straight to sugar, raises your blood sugar; when your blood sugar then plummets, you’ll be hungry again. Whole grains are better. But, not every brown bread is whole grain; many brown-colored breads are white bread with added caramel color
- Bacon has nitrites (preservatives) in it; processed meats seem to be associated with more heart disease.
- To add fat, eat healthy fats… a few nuts (unsalted), or olive oil. Margarine is worse than even butter.
I suggest as alternatives:
- My oatmeal, with protein powder, skim milk, cinnamon, cocoa
- Fat-free yogurt with added nuts and fruit (Note: yogurt that comes with fruit in it is usually PACKED with sugar and is to be avoided)
- Egg white omelet with a TEAspoon of olive oil