God’s way is the best way! From the AP:
Breast milk … can affect insulin levels in the blood, which may make breast-fed babies less likely to develop diabetes and obesity.
In the Journal Pediatrics: Racial/ethnic differences in risk factors for obesity exist prenatally and in early childhood… black and Hispanic children exhibited a range of risk factors related to child obesity:
- higher rates of maternal depression
- in infancy more rapid weight gain
- more likely to introduce solid foods before 4 months of age
- after 2 years old, more televisions in their bedrooms
- higher intake of sugar-sweetened beverages
- higher intake of fast food
- lower rates of exclusive breastfeeding
- less likely to sleep at least 12 hours/day in infancy.